Friday, April 08, 2005

Blog Satisfaction Declining

Someone help me out here. Last night I spent a lot of time checking out other blogs because Blogger was down and I had nothing better to do. Invariably, I came across many worse than stupid sites. A large percentage of blogs started off something like this…

‘I love the internet. Polly came over today and we talked about how cute Brad is. I think he looks like Justin Timberlake. He’s sooooo cute. My dad hates me. Look this picture of me in my new outfit. I’m sooooo cute. And here’s a picture of my cat.’

Now, I check out other blogs that I specifically like. I leave comments a good bit when the urge hits me. I don’t agree with most bloggers, but I’m open-minded and enjoy conversing with those that are of a different tribe.

How is it that when I go to these moronic sites like the example listed above, I see that they have 20 or more comments per post and a massive number of hits?! It just kills me. Here I thought I had a new forum to unleash myself on the world, and I’ve been outclassed by a hoard of pubescent idiots. What’s the secret? If things don’t improve, I’m going to post a picture of a cat. Don’t think I won’t do it.

Note 1: Prior to yesterday's big crash, I did have something to say. Here it is.

The New Cold War

Note 2: I must apologize for yesterday’s tantrum (see below).