Friday, May 05, 2006

Spot the Idiot III

I smell a rat. Or at least a martini.

Rep. Kennedy entering rehab after crash

"Sometime around 2:45 a.m., I drove the few blocks to the Capitol complex believing I needed to vote," he said. "Apparently, I was disoriented from the medication."

In his comments Friday, Kennedy said, "The recurrence of an addiction problem can be triggered by things that happen in every day life, such as taking a common treatment for a stomach flu.

"That's not an excuse for what happened Wednesday evening, but it is a reality of fighting a chronic condition for which I'm taking full responsibility," he said.

"At no time before the incident did I consume any alcohol," Kennedy said in a statement Thursday.

Police labor union officials said earlier that officers were told not to give Kennedy a sobriety test after the mishap.

Kennedy was involved in a separate car crash in a pharmacy parking lot in Rhode Island three weeks earlier.
.