Sunday, April 10, 2005

More China Worries

As I stated in an earlier post 'The New Cold War', China is preparing for war. It seems I am not the only one concerned:

Chinese begin to worry U.S. militarily

'Now, the Pentagon believes that China has purchased or built enough amphibious assault ships, submarines, fighter jets and short-range missiles to pose an immediate threat to Taiwan and to any American force that might come to Taiwan's aid.'

Forgive me for harping on this a lot lately, but it should be a huge issue. What bothers me is that in the eyes of most Americans, it doesn't even register.

Specifically, the amphibious assault ships disturb me. A large Chinese army is no threat if it is in China. For anyone not familiar with ships, amphibs have one main purpose...invasion.

And in Sports:

Nats 3, Marlins 2 (Extra Innings)

Guillen's homer in 10th lifts Nationals

United 1, Fire 1

United, Fire tied down at RFK Stadium