Sunday, February 26, 2006

Trans...Something or Other

Have we lost our minds? I know my name is Tran, but this gives me the creeps somehow. I suppose I'm just closed minded.

Hidden past, hopeful future for trans athletes

The International Olympics Committee officially changed its rules for transsexual people in 2004. To compete, an athlete must wait for two years after sex-reassignment surgery.

Forget the moral or taste issues. Has it occured to anyone that this is CHEATING?! For a group that comes down like an anvil on roids, I'm a bit surprised that the International Olympics Committee has taken the European 'anything goes' attitude over cheating.

Think about it. How many 'women to men' will be competing with the men? I going to go out on a limb here and say 'none'. It's all 'men to women' and it's cheating, plain and simple.

Perhaps the biggest hurdle facing the athletes is convincing critics that male-to-female transsexuals do not have a physical advantage over their competitors.

Right.

Pilgrim said she believes the only sport in which men-to-women transsexuals might have an advantage is swimming, because these athletes gain body fat, which assists buoyancy.

Right. Well that's something I never knew. If I'm reading that right, men float better? Especially fat ones?

Carroll compared the struggle facing transsexual athletes to the gay and lesbian movement 20 years ago.

So anything goes. Not boundaries. No Worries. If you don't agree, you're ignorant, bigoted and evil. When are the polygamists going to realize this?

People don’t understand who a transgendered person is at all. It’s not about their sexual orientation,” she said. “It’s about how they feel pertaining to gender. That’s a hard thing to wrap your head around.

Like I said, ignorant, bigoted, evil. You can't have an opinion unless it's the 'correct' one.
.