Saturday, August 27, 2005

Democrats Defined

With 100 votes counted in our poll which asks:

Which is your favorite slogan from the left?

Howard Dean’s primal scream takes the contest easily with 43 votes.

I put this poll up as a goof to make a little fun of the Democrats, but it occurs to me that I have inadvertently defined the entire Democratic platform, and thus, the reason that they continue to lose elections.

Turn Back the Clock (Abortion)

Tax Cuts for the Rich (Class envy)
Two Americas (Class envy)

Politics of Personal Destruction (Clinton wasn’t that bad)

Bush Lied (But Bush is really bad)

Every Vote Counts (Bush is so bad that he cheated!...Twice!!)

Yeeaaahh (We've got spirit, yes we do, we've got spirit, how bout you!)

The Democratic ideals can be found in their rhetoric, though you have to read into it. They know that, for the most part, they cannot just tell us what they really want, as they will lose by even greater margins. I can think of nothing that the Democratic Party now stands for beyond the phrases listed above.

I will leave the poll up for a while, but it looks like Howard Dean will run away with it easy. I can promise that, at least on TSW, every vote counts.

Disclaimer: I know I said I would leave town, and I will. But as a blogging addict, I had to get one last post in first. See you next week.

.