Friday, November 04, 2005

Jimmy's Back

I am not the first to say that Jimmy Carter is off his rocker. He was a failure as a president, bringing America to its knees with his well intentioned, yet bad policies. His handling of the takeover of American Embassy in Tehran may well be considered America’s greatest embarrassment of all times. All of that aside, I find the following article quite interesting.

Carter condemns abortion culture

Former President Jimmy Carter yesterday condemned all abortions and chastised his party for its intolerance of candidates and nominees who oppose abortion.

"I've never been convinced, if you let me inject my Christianity into it, that Jesus Christ would approve abortion."

Wow.

"I can't deny I'm a better ex-president than I was a president,"

I can’t deny that either, though he’s a pretty weird ex-president as well. It turns out Jimmy is writing a book to bash Bush. What a novel idea (I just can’t stop the puns lately). I was going to bash Jimmy, but I think I’ll hold off until the book comes out. Stand by for military, economic, international standing, and social comparisons between the Carter Administration and the Bush II Administration. It’s almost too easy.

The worst treatment he's received, the former president said, was from President Clinton.

You’re not the only one brother!

Democrats must "let the deeply religious people and the moderates on social issues like abortion feel that the Democratic party cares about them and understands them," he said, adding that many Democrats, like him, "have some concern about, say, late-term abortions, where you kill a baby as it's emerging from its mother's womb."

Well, he’s definitely crazy, but he may be the one Democrat other than Howard Dean who actually says what he thinks.

Note: Today is the 26th anniversary of the beginning of the Islamist War on America. On Nov. 4, 1979 Islamist students in Tehran overan the U.S. embassy.

.