Sunday, May 01, 2005

John Edwards Ruined My Baseball Game

We interrupt this Blog to vent some disgust. As anyone who has read this blog at all knows, I am way too wrapped up in things that I have no control over. The one thing, at least during the spring, that allows me to blow off some steam and relax is baseball. Not 5 minutes ago, I was watching our Nationals, as I do every night when Peter Angelos allows me to. So we hit the 7th inning stretch and what do I get. John Edwards’s commentary on baseball! God, I feel like I need to go brush my teeth now. They had George Will in the stands. They could have asked him to do it.

Why the heck is Edwards even in Washington now? Did he get a lobbying job? I grew up in South Carolina, and that accent annoys me! I think it’s fake. The only thing he said that I was able to comprehend was something like: Politics and baseball have a lot in common; there is always a winner and a loser. Well guess what John, you're a loser. Get the hell out of my baseball game.

Think I'm bad now, wait until football season. Anyway, its tied in the 8th, so back to the game. That is, after I brush my teeth. Forgive the rant. Please read the below post on wounded Italian Communists. It was supposed to be my focus tonight.