Monday, November 07, 2005

Cowards Unite! We Accept Credit Cards.

I am always hesitant to link to Foxnews or the Washington Times. No matter how often I quote the Washington Post and NY Times, whenever I use a conservative voice, I get accused of presenting slanted information. But when I read the following article, I ran across an insignificant tidbit that I can’t ignore.

The following article is on active duty military recruiting.

Recruits join armed forces seeking war

It seems that recruiting is going fairly well, despite all of the doom and gloom from the left. Only the Army missed its goal for last year, and that was the first time since 9/11.

For four out of the past five years, the Army has exceeded its goal for active-duty recruits, while regularly increasing the number desired. Fiscal 2005, which ended Sept. 30, was the first year it fell short, getting 92 percent of its 80,000 goal.

The Air Force, Navy, and Marine Corps have all met or exceeded their annual recruiting goals for every year since September 11, although some monthly and quarterly shortfalls have occurred.

Then I ran across this quote:

J.E. McNeil, executive director of the District-based Center on Conscience & War, an organization established to defend the rights of conscientious objectors, calls the figures "trumpetry" from the military.

"I haven't looked at the numbers this time around, but I do know that [earlier this year] when the Army did not make its goal, they lowered goal numbers in order to make goal," she said.

No they didn’t. They admitted that they wouldn’t make their goal for FY05.

Last year, the vaunted Washington Post ran a puff piece on this group of traitors. I was none too happy about that at the time.

Washington Post Promotes Cowardice

How worthless one must feel to spend all of that energy promoting a cause that is dependent on a scenario that is never going to happen. There is no draft. There will not be a draft. And these guys aren’t attempting to help conscientious objectors. They are helping those cowards among us abuse the conscientious objector statutes. In any case, it’s good to see they are still promoting their fantasy world. And they are still the good capitalists.

Ex-Deadhead Turned Moonbat Store

My favorite is the ‘You Can’t Be All You Can Be If You’re Dead’ postcard.

.